Our services are tailor-made to meet each individual client’s specific needs. There’s nothing templated or generic about our approach.
Professionalism is paramount. We pride ourselves on upholding high standards of confidentiality for all of our clients and their entrusted information.
Our goal is to provide our clients with the resources and strategies necessary to promote long term growth and success in their businesses.
We are dedicated to our clients and their respective needs. We utilize our industry knowledge and expertise to problem solve for our clients until the job is done.
Experience and Expertise In Business
SIVA is leading the cannabis industry through six divisions that power the full potential of your business. Our services are customized to meet each clients’ individual needs. There’s nothing templated or generic about our approach.
- +View Bio
- Avis Bulbulyan is the CEO of SIVA Enterprises. He has over 12 years’ experience in the cannabis industry and is recognized as an industry expert. He began as a cultivator in 2007 and quickly moved into manufacturing and retail. Prior to starting SIVA, Mr. Bulbulyan developed successful applications for former US Congressman Bill Delahunt in Massachusetts, where they were the highest ranked (160/163) applicant and only group to win 3 of the 3 licenses available. He has gone on to win licenses in other states, such as Nevada, Illinois, Maryland and California.
Because of his comprehensive understanding and deep insight into the nuances, regulations and trends of the cannabis industry, Mr. Bulbulyan was appointed to California’s 22-member Cannabis Advisory Committee, which advises the 3 state departments and bureau on the development of California’s State Cannabis Regulations. He was also the President of the Los Angeles Cannabis Task Force from 2016 to 2018.
Mr. Bulbulyan’s commitment to providing outstanding client services has propelled SIVA into the forefront of the industry. Under his direction, SIVA was voted Top 10 Legal and Consulting firm in the nation by Entrepreneur Magazine in 2018. Expertise.com, a company that independently vets service providers, voted SIVA as one of the Top 18 Consulting Companies in Los Angeles in 2017.
He continues to provide critical insight and depth to the evolving cannabis industry, on a local, state and national level, having testified in front of the CA Dept. of Insurance, advising local and state elected officials and participating in conferences and town halls across the U.S.
Mr. Bulbulyan’s success is predicated on his experience and insight, as well as the cultivation of strong industry and business relations. His core values are expressed in how he conducts business, his willingness to provide guidance and support, and in the creative solutions he develops for specific client goals and needs.
Director of Licensing
- +View Bio
- Derek Sigman currently works at SIVA as the Director of Licensing. In 2011, Derek graduated from the University of Rhode Island with a bachelor’s degree in Communications Studies. Upon graduation, Derek moved to Los Angeles, California where he served as the Implementation Manager for a social-tech company. In 2019, Derek received his Master of Business Administration from Loyola Marymount University.
As the Director of Licensing, Derek leads SIVA’s cannabis business licensing department and helps clients throughout the country secure their local and state licenses. To date, Derek has helped SIVA’s clients secure over 30 licenses in various localities throughout the country.
Derek believes that each project is unique and customizes each application to fit that particular client’s team and business concept. It’s not enough to simply create an application on behalf of the client, the application needs to be a reflection of the client and provide a blueprint for the operations of their business.
In his spare time, Derek is an avid chef that enjoys home-cooking, hiking and reading.
Senior Licensing Associate
- +View Bio
- Dominique Shakramy is a Senior Licensing Associate at SIVA. She is a graduate of Ateneo de Manila University where she received her bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing. As part of SIVA’s licensing team, Dominique educates clients and develops license applications from concept through to its execution.
Her experience, knowledge and understanding of local and state regulations, industry trends and nuances, including the societal implications of legalization and globalization allows her to provide useful insight and direction to clients in new and existing markets.
Dominique believes adaptability and open mindedness is critical to growth and success. Understanding other people’s points of view and being able to make accommodations for differences is what sets truly great people apart from the rest. She is a doting mother of two, and when she has free time, enjoys running and listening to Rage Against the Machine.
Senior Policy Analyst
- +View Bio
- Christine Mardikian currently works at SIVA as a Senior Policy Analyst. Christine received her Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy, Politics, and Law from the University of Southern California, and her Juris Doctorate degree from Western State College of Law.
As part of SIVA, she researches and reports on the regulatory frame work in the United States and pending legislation surrounding cannabis legalization both at the state level and in the Senate. She also assists the licensing team on local and state applications.
Christine believes that every day presents an opportunity to learn something new. She personifies that belief by feeding her curiosity and staying informed.
Christine is a citizen of the world. She spends her free time finding her center in yoga and going on new adventures.
- +View Bio
- Jeff Garrison is a graduate of UCLA Anderson School of Management. Jeff has over 30 years’ experience in accounting and finance including eight years as President and Managing Partner of Los Angeles-based accounting firm Stonefield Josephson.
Jeff has provided accounting and merger & acquisition services to publicly traded companies and private entities such as Disney, Sony Pictures, Paramount Pictures, Warner Bros Studios, Guess Jeans, DC Shoes, Lucky Brand Jeans, Smith & Wesson Firearms and The Oakland Raiders.
Jeff’s got his introduction into the cannabis industry taking a private company public. His thorough understanding of the California Regulations goes beyond the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA, formerly BOE).
Jeff helps startups and tenured companies define their goals and accomplish their goals. During his free time, he enjoys spending time with his children, the beautiful SoCal outdoors and catching snakes before they get ahold of his two retrievers.
Education and Certifications:
- Active California Certified Public Accountant – #53757
- Bachelor of Arts, Accounting, California State University, Stanislaus
- MBA Certificate, UCLA Anderson School of Management with focus on Merger & Acquisitions
- +View Bio
- Johnny Sayegh is a graduate of California State University Channel Islands with a Bachelor of Arts in Sociology and Economics. This dual perspective is informing his systemic approach to business ventures and social impact.
As part of the SIVA team, he is responsible for heading up marketing initiatives, business development efforts and consulting on client strategy when needed. Johnny has been part of the cannabis industry since 2012 and frequently attends industry event always looking for ways to support other industry professionals. Johnny strongly believes adaptability and persistence is key to succeeding in personal and business situations.
In his free time, he enjoys playing basketball, reading or going mountain biking. One of his aspirations is to build a sport complex in the inner city to help youth avoid negative peer pressure, and provide them a place to gather and grow.
Full Service in Cannabis Consulting
SIVA Consulting provides full-service business solutions and support for the cannabis industry. We are your partner with comprehensive industry knowledge and deep insight into industry trends, nuances and regulations that provide effective and creative tools to transform your company. Whether a client is new to the cannabis industry or is a legacy operator, SIVA tailors services that meet your business’ strategic and operational needs.
Through our reputation and nationwide network, SIVA Investments is always presented with investment and acquisition opportunities. We carefully vet each opportunity and then curate strategic alliances. By structuring deals, partnerships, and contracts through SIVA, clients are able to utilize our team’s extensive industry background, network and expertise. SIVA Investments is not a fund. Our team assesses opportunities and provides guidance to clients regarding investment, business or partnership opportunities in the cannabis industry.
SIVA Management provides clients with valuable tools to run profitable and productive operations. SIVA Management offers day-to-day operations management for licensed businesses, employee staffing and training, and are able to customize packages based on your company’s needs. We incorporate industry best practices and insight gained from our national experience spanning across state regulated markets.